Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm FREE!!



Our lives changed forever at 10:03 AM on July 3, 2008. Owen Christopher Smith gave us quite the surprise arriving almost 6 weeks early! 3 years later he is still keeping us on our toes :) On his birthday morning he woke up bright and early, jumping on our bed yelling "I'm free now! I'm free now!"

I remember laying in the hospital bed 3 years ago... terrified, with Chris on one side and my Mama on the other. We had no idea what to expect! Flash forward three years and here I am standing in the kitchen helping him decide what he wants for his birthday breakfast. I love this moment! I love this time with him. For some reason when he shouts out a random "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!" or when he turns into the "kissing monster" time truly does stand still. It makes all of the day to day stresses disappear in an instant.

We celebrated his big day with a party at Ginny and Poppy's house. He chose a turtle theme and was so excited to help decorate. Most all of our friends and family were able to join us in BBQing, opening presents, and having cake! His favorite gifts by far were his bubble machine and guitar. And of course his shotgun! Uncle Brett and Keke topped off his day by taking him on an evening boat ride and fishing trip and then back to Ginny and Poppy's for the kiddos traditional Birthday sleepover.

Owen is so kind hearted, intelligent, determined and a good big brother to his "Goobie". He keeps us honest and accountable, encouraging us to learn new things with him. He shows me every day how much fun mother hood can be. All this from a 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment